Palmer had another veterans day off. ... | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
mary123 Oct 13
Pitches that start turning quite early could become the norm in the Test matches Bangladesh play at home. Authentic Buccaneers Jerseys . The series against England was played on such surfaces, and Bangladesh competed admirably. They came within 23 runs of victory in Chittagong before taking all 10 wickets in single session to level the series in Dhaka.While it would certainly enhance their biggest strength - spin bowling - it may also pose a challenge to the batsmen. But Bangladeshs top three have showed signs of being up for it.Tamim Iqbal avoided some shots, assessing their risk to be too much, on a turning pitch but still made a century at a strike-rate of 70.74 in the second Test. His opening partner Imrul Kayes was fully committed to being aggressive, his 78 off only 120 balls in the second innings helped set a target beyond Englands reach. Mominul Haque, at No. 3, was his usual composed self and contributed with his 10th half-century.With confidence that their batsman can handle it, Bangladesh are set to welcome touring sides - especially those with a reputation of struggling in the subcontinent - with tailor-made pitches for the spinners.I think wickets at home will be made according to our opponents, Tamim told ESPNcricinfo. If we are playing against teams from the subcontinent, then I dont think playing on such wickets will help us, but it will be different when we play against teams like Australia, England and New Zealand.Tamim added that standing up to tough conditions was quite pleasing. He was the only batsman from either side to score a hundred in the two Tests. It feels really good to have made runs in these kinds of difficult tracks. The team took a decision, and we stuck by it. The planning meant that we had to work hard, so scoring around 230 runs is something good.I think my 78 in Chittagong has its own value. The ball spun a lot with many things out of the batsmans control. The 104 in the second Test is most valuable among my hundreds against England, considering the conditions and the fact that we won the game.Mominuls had an additional challenge. He isnt a regular in ODIs and T20Is and was coming into the Tests having not batted in international cricket for over a year. He got a three-ball duck in his first innings of the series, the outside edge carrying off the wicketkeepers leg to gully, but adjusted better later on with help from batting consultant Thilan Samaraweera.When I was playing and got four months [off], it was very hard [coming back], Samaraweera said, Especially in the first innings of the first Test. However you train and whatever you do, when you come to the game, you are under pressure. Thats a different pressure. Importantly, you have to stick to the routines to get your body right for the game.In the first inning of the first Test, the way he [Mominul] got out, thats hard. The first few balls, you dont know. We talked a little bit, different things. They are willing to work, thats the key thing. Whatever I say, if they dont listen to, it wont work. But these boys are absolute superstars. Straightaway they work [at it].Bangladeshs limited-overs captain Mashrafe Mortaza also praised how the team read the pitches in Dhaka and Chittagong and attacked England.The thing I liked the most was the batting approach, it was very positive. Since it was hard to stay in these wickets, the batsmen had to score rapidly. Batsmen like Alistair Cook and Joe Root didnt do well, so it showed that settling in these wickets wasnt easy.Bangladeshs batting was criticised because there were some bad shots and some untimely dismissals. While it is hard to deny such mistakes, what thrilled me was how they were able to read the wicket. They knew they had to play the shots, so guys like Tamim and Imrul batted very well. And at least one batsman stood up whenever necessary. Buccaneers Youth Jerseys . With his new coach and six-time Grand Slam singles champion Boris Becker watching him during an official match for the first time, Djokovic appeared tentative early against the Slovakian player, who often appeared content to keep the ball in play. Buccaneers Womens Jerseys . Defencemen Drew Doughty, Shea Weber and forward Ryan Getzlaf also scored for the Canadians, who started their gold-medal defence 2-0. Goalie Roberto Luongo, getting the call in place of Game 1 starter Carey Price, was solid when needed in making 23 saves for the shutout. http://www.authenticbuccaneersshopnfl.com/ . Haas said he "felt a lot of pain" in his right shoulder when he slammed his racket to the ground in frustration after losing his serve at 3-3 in the first set. TEMPE, Ariz. -- Tyrann Mathieu returned to practice for the Arizona Cardinals on Wednesday and said he was optimistic that he would be able to play when the team faces the Vikings in Minnesota.Coach Bruce Arians also confirmed after practice that wide receiver Jaron Brown has signed an extension that puts him under contract through next season.Brown is out for the season with a knee injury.We love him as a football player, Arians said. It looks like hell be fine health-wise, gives him another year. Hes earned it. Really happy for him and its good for us because hes a quality special teams player and a real quality receiver.The signing gives the team some protection should the Cardinals lose wide receiver Michael Floyd, who becomes a free agent at the end of this season.Jarons a guy you dont want to lose, quarterback Carson Palmer said. What he brings to the team, because he can play special teams, he plays every spot at receiver. Hes got speed, hes physical, he catches the ball. He catches 50-50 balls very well. Just a very, very well-rounded receiver.Browns signing was first reported by azcentralsports.Mathieu was limited in practice but said afterward that his shoulder felt fine. He was still wearing a brace on the knee that was surgically repaired late last season but was meeting with the doctor to discuss taking it off, which would greatly aid the mobility that is so crucial to the way he plays the game.Of courses Id rather play without it, he said, but I dont want to do anything that puts me in harms way, so Ill talk to him. Im sure well negotiate something.The defensive back was sidelined with a shoulder subluxation in Arizonas loss at Carolina on Oct. 30 and missed Sundays 23-20 win over San Francisco.He said removing the brace would clear another hurdle as he tries to get back to his aggressive Honey Badger performances of the past.The shoulder injury, he said, was just another challenge.Liife frustrates sometimes, Mathieu said. Buccaneers Official Jerseys. . Youve just got to deal with it. Cant get too high or too low. Its just another challenge for me. I embrace all those challenges.The way Mathieu talked, his participation in Sundays game was no sure thing.Ill see how I feel at the end of the week and if Im at 100 percent, or very close to it, Ill play Sunday, he said. If not, Ill hold back. ... Im optimistic I will play. I try to look on the bright side of everything.Mathieu was asked about the perception that hes handling this shoulder setback better than he did such problems earlier in his career.I dont know, he said. From the outside looking in maybe, but its frustrating on the inside, obviously. A lot of noise. You try to tune that out. Just another challenge for me. I embrace it.The Cardinals defense ranks second in the NFL, allowing 295.2 yards per game, but Mathieu said the team doesnt have the swagger it exhibited in last years 13-3 season.At times weve had swagger. We have had confidence, he said. Were just playing inconsistent right now. Weve just got to get that consistency back. Once we get that back, Im sure well be rolling.Theyd better get rolling soon. At 4-4-1, the Cardinals cant afford many more stumbles if they want to challenge for a playoff berth.After Sundays game against a Minnesota team hungry for a win after four straight losses, the Cardinals go to Atlanta to face the NFC South-leading Falcons.Game notes Larry Fitzgerald didnt practice due to knee and ankle injuries but Arians said he remains confident his star wide receiver will play Sunday. ... Palmer had another veterans day off. ... Outside linebacker Chandler Jones missed practice because of a family issue.---For more NFL coverage: http://www.pro32.ap.org and http://www.twitter.com/AP-NFL Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys ChinaNFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' '