an what Montreal did under Marc Trestman and | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
mary123 Oct 13
Hawthorn young gun James Sicily has hailed the influence of Jarryd Roughead on the eve of the AFL finals. Jourdan Lewis Cowboys Jersey .Sicily has played 21 games and kicked 29 goals in his breakout season, with a five-goal haul in round 13 earning him the Hawks only Rising Star nomination this year.Roughead has been sidelined all season as he undergoes aggressive cancer treatment, but Sicily said his influence has still been profound.Hes helped with the forward line coaching and particularly with me being a mentor ... hes someone that I go to for guidance, Sicily told AAP.Whenever Im having trouble or difficulty during a game Ill have a chat to him in the breaks and hell help me out.Obviously hes a great forward and a very smart footballer so any tips I can get off him are huge.Fairfax Media reported on Wednesday that Rougheads bid to return to the field following a successful recovery had received a boost, with the club to keep him on the senior list in 2017.Sicily was made to wait for his senior opportunities, playing three games last year after being selected 56th overall at the 2013 draft.But after looking on as his teammates won their second then third flags in the past two seasons, hes ready to make the step up to finals football.Obviously I was very envious watching the boys on grand final day ... it just drove me that little bit more in pre-season and into the home-and-away season, he said.There are some younger guys in the team that hopefully want to be a part of Hawthorn history too and arguably part of the best team ever.I think it definitely helps drive the group because a few of us havent been in those grand finals. Ryan Switzer Cowboys Jersey . - Baltimore Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco is not a fan of his teams use of the wildcat formation, saying "it makes you look like a high school offence. Chidobe Awuzie Womens Jersey . - Levi Browns tenure at left tackle for the Pittsburgh Steelers is over before it even began. http:///...on-Authentic-Jersey/ . It is a clich√© dragged out by fans and pundits regularly when discussions take place around which teams are better than others.WINNIPEG -- Despite best efforts to ensure a healthy starting lineup for the CFL season opener Thursday, Winnipeg Blue Bombers coach Tim Burke says Chris Matthews remains a question mark. "We will know the morning of the game whether he can play or not," Burke said Tuesday after the teams No. 1 receiver last season did not attend practice. The CFLs outstanding rookie in 2012, Matthews is nursing a minor ankle injury sustained during Sundays practice. But Burke was a little more optimistic Tuesday than he had been earlier about Matthews prognosis. "Right now, I would say its closer to him playing than not playing," he said. "It depends on how fast he can heal up in the next 48 hours." If he can play, missing a few days of practice wont hurt Matthews performance, Burke said. Receiver Terrence Edwards, who had off-season foot surgery, will be on the field. "Im really surprised at how well hes moving," Burke said of the veteran, who also topped the 1,000-yard mark last season for the fifth time as a Bomber. "Last week I was going I dont know if hes going to be ready, and this week he looks great." Burke says he feels the offence is ready but he has had questions this season about his defence. Chidobe Awuzie Jersey. "I feel better about our defence," he said after practice Tuesday. "I still think . . . because we have a couple of young guys there that havent played a CFL game, Im a little concerned for them." On defence, the Bombers have rookies Desia Dunn, a linebacker who could be a starter with Johnny Sears still out, defensive back Marty Markett and defensive end Freddie Harris. Burke says rookies can make their first game a bigger event that it should be and hes going to remind them they dont have to win it all by themselves. Despite a new look offence and new protection schemes to try and keep quarterback Buck Pierce out of harms way as much as possible, Burke says the opposition Thursday is much more of a blank slate. The Montreal Alouettes have a new head coach and a new defence this season. "They didnt show much in pre season. What we did see was different than what Montreal did under Marc Trestman and certainly different than what (Jeff) Reinebold did last year on defence," said Burke. "We have no idea what theyre doing and they know what were doing." Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' '