scored to a 9-4 win on Monday night.We just got beat tonight, said Tampa Bay manager Kevin Cash, whose team | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
cx888 Oct 12
OAKLAND, Calif. Ben Revere Nationals Jersey . -- The NBA Executive VP of Basketball Operations, Kiki VanDeWeghe, clarified the unnatural act rule Sunday, saying the league isnt targeting Draymond Green because rules are for every player.The NBA is addressing this matter a day after the?Golden State Warriors?All-Star?lashed out at the league office, questioning its qualifications of judging and penalizing him for where his flailing legs happen to land.Rules are discussed and agreed upon at the competition committee meetings consisting of owners, general managers, coaches, player reps and referee representatives, VanDeWeghe said. They go through the same procedures for all rule changes.We noticed last year that more unnatural acts, such as arm flails and leg kicks, [occurred] for drawing attention of the referee. The competition committee looked at it and wanted to keep the rules fair for all teams, as well as make sure the health and safety of players were not jeopardized. We looked at it very carefully to take it out the game. Rules have to be applied to every player the same. There are no exceptions.Green has been penalized on multiple occasions over the past couple of years for his high kicks that tend to make contact to an opposing players face or groin region.He received a Flagrant 1 in the Warriors loss to the Houston Rockets?on Thursday after his foot made contact with the face of James Harden. Two days later, Green made his displeasure with the penalty known.I just laugh at it, because its funny how you can tell me how I get hit and how my body is supposed to react, Green said. I didnt know the people in the league office were that smart when it came to your body movement. Im not sure if they took kinesiology and all this stuff for their positions to kind of tell you how your body is going to react when you get hit at certain positions.Or you go up and you got guys that jump to the ceiling, and Im sure a lot of these people that make these rules cant touch the rim. Yet they tell you [that] you are way up there in the air and which way your body [is supposed to react]. I dont really understand that. Thats like me going in there and telling them, Hey, you did something on this paperwork in here wrong. Like, I dont know what your paperwork looks like. It is what it is. I think they made the rule and make your rule. Like, I dont care.VanDeWeghe did not fine Green for his comments.We take our players opinions and comments very seriously, as evident by the fact that we have a player rep from the union at our meetings, VanDeWeghe said. When players speak, we want to understand and explain the process. We try to minimize the risk of injury and do whatever we can do to take health and safety seriously.Green made a point to bring up Harden in his comments, saying the All-Star guard gets away with extending his arms in traffic to draw fouls. Green said thats an unnatural act.VanDeWeghe disagrees.The big difference becomes safety and the potential of injuring somebody, he said. Thats the big difference. Players embellish contact to draw attention. Its gotten better since instituting the flopping rule on defense. But if a player flails his arms and strikes a player in the face, then thats a cause for concern. Its not one particular player or two. The competition committee spent a lot of time looking at this, and we decided that if the move doesnt justify the movement, then we have to act. Michael Taylor Nationals Jersey .J. -- Pitcher Carl Pavano is retiring after 14 major league seasons. Daniel Murphy Nationals Jersey . A forerunning sled crashed into the worker Thursday at the Sanki Sliding Center. The unidentified worker broke both legs and was airlifted to a nearby hospital. http://www.baseballnationalsauthority.com/customized/ . -- Timbers coach Caleb Porter didnt stray from his business-like approach to the season even after Portland downed the two-time defending league champion Los Angeles Galaxy to gain crucial playoff position. BOSTON -- Two pitchers enjoying second-half surges hook up for the second time in less than a week when the Boston Red Sox host the Tampa Bay Rays in the second game of a three-game series on Tuesday night.Drew Pomeranz, the left-hander the Red Sox acquired from the San Diego Padres in exchange for a top pitching prospect, has turned around a slow start and lost only once in his last five starts.That loss came last Thursday, when Pomeranz struck out a career-high 11 in six innings and fell to the Rays and Odorizzi in St. Petersburg.A lot of strikeouts. Sometimes I like that, sometimes I dont, Pomeranz said after that game dropped his combined NL/AL record to 10-10. I could have took a few quick outs in places to get a couple more innings out there.Pomeranz allowed one run through six but failed to retire either of the first two batters in the seventh and the result was a second straight Red Sox loss to send the team home 7-4 on the long road trip.He has allowed two or fewer runs over his last five starts with a 2.40 ERA over that 30-inning stretch, striking out 31 over that span.It is disappointing, Pomeranz said of the loss. Its always disappointing when you lose. We would have liked to have those last two to complete the road trip. But it happens.His run is lukewarm compared to Odorizzi, 6-0 since the All-Star break with what has to this point been the lowest Tampa Bay ERA (1.59) of any pitcher in club history. He has thhe second-lowest second-half ERA in the major leagues this season and has not lost since July 10. Gio Gonzalez Jersey. .Odorizzi pitched out of two bases loaded spots in the sixth inning of last Thursdays game.Have to credit (pitching coach Jim Hickey), he said. Great mound visit. He came out and said first-pitch changeup, get a double-play. So thats exactly what we did.Mookie Betts is 5-for-17, Dustin Pedroia 8-for-22, Xander Bogaerts 7-for-20 and Travis Shaw 4-for-10 for the Red Sox against Odorizzi, while David Ortiz is 4-for-22, but with three homers and Jackie Bradley Jr. 2-for-13.On the other side, Matt Duffy, who was with the Giants when Pomeranz was with the Padres, is 4-for-12 against him and Brad Miller 3-for-8 with a homer. Logan Forsythe, also a former Padre (but not an ex-teammate), is 2-for-11 against Pomeranz.Odorizzi will be trying to even the series for his team when he puts his winning streak on the line.The Red Sox rode Rick Porcellos MLB-high 18th win and Betts 30th homer, RBI double, two RBI and two runs scored to a 9-4 win on Monday night.We just got beat tonight, said Tampa Bay manager Kevin Cash, whose team is 55-75, 6-8 against the Red Sox. They found a way to get on base, get big key hits with guys on base and it just added up, piled up and was very difficult for us to overcome. Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' '