notion his comments this week that | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
cx888 Aug 12
Andy Murray says he will stay at an apartment with the British tennis team and not in the Olympic Village in Rio during the Games this summer. Cheap Soccer Jerseys . The defending champion stayed in the athletes village in Beijing in 2008 but opted against that in London four years later where he won gold in the singles tournament and silver in the mixed doubles with Laura Robson. Andy Murray says the conditions and shots produced by Radek Stepanek made his win over the Czech at the Madrid Masters very tough While he enjoyed the experience of mingling with athletes from other sports in China, the world No 2 says the best preparation possible must come first. Im not staying in the village, he said. Im staying in an apartment with the rest of the team. Hopes are high for Great Britains athletes this summer in Brazil To be honest, when I stayed in the village in Beijing I had a great time but my tennis was pretty bad there. I did something different obviously during London and that worked out well for me.My job there is to try to prepare as best I can and win a medal for my country. I think the best way to do that is to sort of prepare like you do for other events where youre in your own space. Andy Murray was taken to three sets by Radek Stepanek in Madrid The 28-year-old spent some time at the athletes village in London, even though he was not based there, with many other tennis players also staying elsewhere because the Olympic tournament was played at Wimbledon, distant from the other venues.Roger Federer had problems at the Olympic Village in 2008 because of the constant requests from other athletes for autographs and photographs, with Maria Sharapova also sought-after in London. Jamie Murray thinks his and his brothers form should bode well for the Rio Olympics Its different than what were used to, Murray added. I think thats why the players are staying outside.Rafael Nadal won gold in Beijing when he stayed at the Olympic Village and has already said he wants to enjoy the same experience in Rio, while Novak Djokovic also stayed at the village in 2008. Also See: Murray battles past Stepanek Strongest ever Queens line-up Nadal continues winning streak Murrays Masters route Cheap Soccer Jerseys Authentic . The Dane followed up his first European Tour title last weekend with eight birdies and just a single dropped shot on Thursday for a one-stroke advantage over South Africas Allan Versfeld and Portugals Ricardo Santos. Cheap Bayern Munich Jerseys Authentic . Jon Montgomerys gold medal in skeleton at the Whistler Sliding Centre and his subsequent auctioning off of a pitcher of beer in the village square elevated him to folk-hero status. http://www.cheapbayernmunichjerseys.com/ .ca looks back at the stories and moments that made the year memorable. NEW YORK -- Boston manager John Farrell says he isnt troubled by having three left-handed pitchers in his starting rotation.All-Star Drew Pomeranz, acquired from San Diego on Thursday night, joins fellow lefties David Price and Eduardo Rodriguez in a rotation that includes righties Rick Porcello and Steven Wright.Fenway Park, with its 37-foot high Green Monster in left field, usually is kinder to right-handed pitchers.Its not a concern because theyre the best available pitchers that we have, Farrell said Friday. Sometimes the wall gives and it takes away, as well.Pomeranz is to make his Boston debut Wednesday against San Francisco in Fenway Park. The 27-year-old was 8-7 with a 2.47 ERA in 17 starts for San Diego this season and pitched a scoreless inning in Tuesday nights All-Star Game.This is a starter that we felt we needed to complement the guys that were here, improve our starting rotation, Farrell said. Its been interesting to see how Drew has evolved from last year to this year, just with his pitch mix and usage overall.Boston has added four players this month, also acquiring infielder Aaron Hill from Milwaukee, right-hander Brad Ziegler from Arizona and utilityman Michael Martinez from Cleveland.Pomeranz is to report during or after Saturdays game and throw a bullpen session Sunday. He has thrown curveballs onn 38 percent of his pitches this year, up from 31 percent in 2015 and 27 percent in 2014, according to Brooks Baseball. Cheap Bayern Munich Jerseys. . He has thrown his new cutter on 11 percent of pitches this season.Originally signed by Cleveland in 2010 as the fifth overall pick in the amateur draft, Pomeranz was traded to Colorado in August 2011, to Oakland in December 2013 and to San Diego last December.This is a guy thats been traded four times, Farrell said, explaining his view of the history of left-handers. There is a long list that have come into their own late in their 20s, and Drew may very well be one of those type of guys.Farrell said reliever Junichi Tazawa, on the disabled list with right shoulder impingment, threw a 25-pitch bullpen Friday, has another session scheduled for Sunday and likely will be activated when he becomes eligible Tuesday.On another topic, David Ortiz laughed at the notion his comments this week that Boston should sign Edwin Encarnacion to replace him next season could be construed as improper.Tampering? I dont write no paycheck, Ortiz said. I can say whatever I want. Im not a GM or a team owner. If I say tomorrow that I want to play with LeBron James, am I tampering, too? Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' '