Rizzos foundation has raised about million to support families of children with cancer and cancer research.UP NEXTA showdown of stars Saturday as Cubs RHP Jake Arrieta (16-5, 2.84 | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
jj009 Jun 19
CHICAGO -- Brian McCann picked up where he left off before the All-Star break. Derek Rivers Womens Jersey . McCann hit his third homer in as many games to put Atlanta ahead and Tim Hudson (7-7) earned his third straight win to give the NL East-leading Braves a 6-4 win over the Chicago White Sox on Friday night. After homers in his last two games before the break, McCann slammed his 13th homer in the sixth inning, a three-run shot that broke open a 2-2 game. McCann also homered in three straight games last season, from July 18 to 21. "Ive been feeling good for a while now," McCann said. "I think it takes every player in baseball four, five innings to get back into the swing of things when you take four or five days off. It was nice to get a win in the first game back." Hudson, meanwhile, shined in his third start after a 10-start winless streak. He pitched 7 1-3 innings, giving up four runs on eight hits while striking out four and walking two. Craig Kimbrell pitched the ninth for his 27th save in 29 outings. "Its been a while since Ive gotten a win here, about 15 years," Hudson said with a laugh. "I dont think I have a lot of games pitched here, but when I have pitched here it hasnt been too pretty at times. Its nice to finally get in the right column." White Sox starter John Danks (2-7) took his seventh loss in his last 10 starts. Danks pitched seven innings, allowing five runs on seven hits, including homers by McCann and Andrelton Simmons. He struck out four and walked none. Danks also uncorked a wild pitch before McCanns homer. "I wasnt quite as sharp as I wouldve liked," Danks said. Atlanta, which lost two of three before the All-Star break, snapped a five-game interleague losing streak to the White Sox. It was Chicagos eighth loss in its last 11 games, 22 of 31 and 32 of 45. The White Sox are 19 games under .500 for the first time since Sept. 27, 2007, when they were 70-89. Atlanta took a 2-0 lead in the third inning. Chris Johnson, who had three hits in the game, led off with a single and scored on Simmons ninth home run, to left field. Chicago tied the game in the bottom of the third. Gordon Beckham led off with a single, but was forced at second on a fielders choice to Josh Phegley. Alexei Ramirez singled, his first of three hits, advancing Phegley to second, and then Alex Rios followed with a two-run double deep to right-centre. White Sox manager Robin Ventura pulled Rios out of the game after the sixth because he felt his player didnt give full effort running to first in that double play. "We just expect more than that," Ventura said. "There is just expectations and we are not starting the second half off that way. It was simple, he will back in (Saturday). Tonight, thats what happens when you dont run." The Braves broke the game open with a three-run sixth. Joey Terdoslavich and Justin Upton both had singles and then advanced to second and third on a wild pitch by Danks. McCann then hit a two-out, 3-2 pitch for his 13th home run, giving the Braves a 5-2 lead. "I made a bad pitch. It kind of got to a point, for lack of a better way to put it, I ran out of things to throw to him," Danks said. Chicago scored two runs in the eighth to get within 5-4. Alejandro De Aza led off with walk and stole second and scored on Ramirezs RBI double to left. Jeff Keppingers bloop single to right scored Ramirez. The Braves added an insurance run in the ninth when Upton singled off White Sox reliever Matt Lindstrom, went to second on an infield out and scored on Johnsons single to right. "We got some timely hits, the three-run homer there, the two-run homer by Simmons that put us on the board and then that nice at-bat with Chris Johnson getting in that extra run in the ninth," Braves manager Fredi Gonzalez said. NOTES: White Sox RHP Jake Peavy (6-4, 4.30) was activated off the disabled list before the game and will start Saturday against lefty Paul Maholm (9-8, 3.98). Peavy had been sidelined since June 5 with a rib he fractured June 4 at Seattle. ... Braves RF Jason Heyward remains out with a strained right hamstring he injured July 11 against the Reds. "Hes making a lot of progress," Gonzalez said. As for 1B Freddie Freeman, out with a jammed thumb since July 13, "Hopefully hes good tomorrow," Gonzalez said. ... Braves RHP Brandon Beachy made his third rehab start Friday at Triple-A Gwinnett (Ga.). Hes recovering from Tommy John surgery. ... White Sox RHP Jesse Crain threw on the sideline Friday and hopes to return from a strained right shoulder in about a week. Hes been on the DL since July 3. ... White Sox OF Dewayne Wise was returned to Triple-A Charlotte due to a strained right hamstring. The White Sox also signed INF Travis Ishikawa and assigned him to Charlotte. Antonio Garcia Womens Jersey . At a Manhattan federal court hearing, attorney Jordan Siev said his law office has gotten more evidence nearly every day to support its lawsuit accusing MLB and Selig of going on a "witch hunt" to ruin Rodriguezs reputation and career. He said the defendants went "way over the line. Derek Rivers Youth Jersey . Nine days before the opening ceremony, organizing committee chief Dmitry Chernyshenko said Wednesday that Sochi is "fully ready" and will deliver safe, friendly and well-run games that defy the grim reports that have overshadowed preparations. http:///...a-Super-Bowl-Jersey/ . -- Quarterback Will Finch threw for 252 yards and three touchdowns, and Yannick Harou rushed in two scores as the No. CHICAGO -- When Anthony Rizzo found out the eight-year anniversary of him being declared cancer-free fell on the same day fellow cancer survivor Jon Lester was pitching, he told Lester he was going to throw a no-hitter.He came close.Lester pitched 6 2/3 innings of no-hit ball and settled for his second complete game of the season, helping the Chicago Cubs beat the San Francisco Giants 2-1 on Friday to move a season-high 40 games over .500.It coincided with a Major League Baseball initiative that had players and umpires wearing gold sweatbands to raise awareness for childhood cancer.Its a little more special for me and Rizz, just with our foundations and what weve been through, said Lester, who overcame lymphoma a decade ago. He did say the other day I was going to throw a no-hitter on the kids strike out cancer day. It would have been pretty cool, but glad we got the win instead.Hunter Pence ended Lesters bid for a second no-hitter with a homer to left on a 1-2 changeup that cut over the plate. Brandon Crawford followed with a double, and Lester (15-4) got Eduardo Nunez to line to third. He then worked around Trevor Browns one-out double in the eighth.We ran into a very hot pitcher whos throwing the ball very well and he was on top of his game, manager Bruce Bochy said. Still, youve got to generate some offense.I will say we hit some balls had right at them, too. We couldve used a break on Nunezs ball. He just hit it right at him or right there the game is tied.Lester allowed three hits and walked two. The Cubs have won five straight to improve to 87-47. The last time they were 40 games over .500 was the end of the 1945 season.Its pretty incredible, manager Joe Maddon.David Ross and Dexter Fowler had RBI hits in the second off Albert Suarez (3-3).Pences second homer in two days ended a 12 2/3-innings hitless streak (0 for 40) for San Francisco. The Giants are a major league-worst 15-29 since the All-Star break.Lester walked Buster Posey with two outs in the first inning and followed by setting down 18 straight while getting some help.Third baseman Krris Bryant made a diving, backhand grab of Crawfords liner to lead off the fifth and Dexter Fowler made a sliding catch of Kelby Tomlinsons liner to center an inning later. Derek Rivers Jersey. Our defense has been fun to watch all year, and it makes our jobs a lot easier, Lester said.The 32-year-old Lester threw a no-hitter on May 19, 2008, for Boston against Kansas City. That came less than two years after he was diagnosed with cancer.He acknowledged he started thinking about a second one after the first inning and added, Anybody that tells you different is lying.The rookie Suarez, in his ninth start, allowed three hits with two walks and three strikeouts in five innings.Lester struck out Crawford looking with a runner on first for his fourth strikeout to end it on his 102nd pitch.I think the big thing was they were aggressive, Lester said. I was able to keep the ball down and keep the defense active today.TRAINERS ROOMGiants: C Trevor Brown (illness) started after being unavailable Thursday, allowing Posey to play 1B. Brown tested negative for strep throat ... RHP Matt Cain (back) was activated off the disabled list and became the 12th reliever thanks to expanded rosters.Cubs: RHP John Lackey (shoulder) came out fine after a bullpen session and will start Sunday. ... Reliever Pedro Strop (knee) vowed to be back in mid-September after a setback with a strained groin during his rehab. ... RHP Hector Rondon (triceps) is set to pitch Saturday and Monday for Triple-A Iowa.RIZZOS MILESTONERizzo reflected on beating Hodgkins lymphoma.Obviously come a long way, he said. Done a lot of good things on the baseball field, but way more better things off the field. Rizzos foundation has raised about $2 million to support families of children with cancer and cancer research.UP NEXTA showdown of stars Saturday as Cubs RHP Jake Arrieta (16-5, 2.84 ERA) faces LHP Madison Bumgarner (13-8, 2.49). Itll be an interesting day, no question, Maddon said. Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' '