to a Grand Slam. Shes supposed to go home Thursday, though now Mom wants to stay.Sevastovas best friend is in town, too.Well maybe go somewhere, Sevastova said of what celebration might b | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
jj009 Jun 18
AVONDALE, Ariz. C. J. Beathard Womens Jersey . -- Its tense at Joe Gibbs Racing, regardless of what the drivers want you to believe as they head into a showdown with their seasons at stake.Theres only two spots left in NASCARs title-deciding final race, and three Gibbs drivers want them. Carl Edwards, their teammate, is already in the final four and it had been the hope inside the organization that the finale would be Gibbs vs. Gibbs vs. Gibbs vs. Gibbs.Jimmie Johnsons win in the opening race of the round of eight took a Gibbs sweep off the board, and now its every man for himself Sunday at Phoenix International Raceway. The trio of Kyle Busch, Matt Kenseth and Denny Hamlin are separated by a whisper-thin two points in the standings but no matter what happens Sunday, only two of them can advance to the championship.One will definitely be eliminated.They all understand the math, and that teamwork only goes so far.What each is willing to do to advance their season one more week remains to be seen.Hamlin made no apologies for his intent to move another car out of his way on the last lap Sunday if it means he will advance. But what if that car is a teammate?No, I would not, he said. Hamlin then gave a mischievous smirk: Thats my answer today.Busch would barely entertain the question.Absolutely, Busch said, stone-faced.JGR as an organization has mastered teamwork and sharing, despite expanding into a four-car team last year then adding Martin Truex Jr. as a de facto fifth car via a Toyota-engineered alliance. The approach led to Buschs title last year, a Daytona 500 win for Hamlin this year and four of the spots in the round of eight of NASCARs playoffs.For all the success earned through JGRs model, its not been without bumps. Hamlin and Busch seem to tangle in one way or the other at least once a year, and Busch was openly unhappy with Hamlin two weeks ago after Johnson won the race at Martinsville.Busch felt Hamlin had been the slowest Gibbs car that day, but refused to give up track position and that allowed Johnson to win without a challenge from Busch or Kenseth. Busch had angry words about Hamlin after the race.But the drivers have learned to not hold a grudge, to let things go for the benefit of the organization.I think that we work better together as a group, Kenseth said. I wouldnt think that it would change this weekend and I wouldnt think it would change next weekend. Certainly, once the race starts, obviously were all trying to get the best finishes we can for our respective teams. But I think during the weekend we all share everything we learn throughout practice, bounce ideas off of each other and try to as a group come up with the best setups that we can for Sunday.There have been times, Hamlin admitted, that team owner Joe Gibbs has had to intervene in internal disputes. But theyve learned that communication is key to keeping the peace.You cant keep feelings bottled up for years and years, and all of the sudden it all explodes, Hamlin said. I think I have a great working relationship with all my teammates and if one of them wrecks me this weekend, Ill be mad for a couple days, and Ill get over it.I respect them all enough to understand that were all competitors. But were also teammates, so its a fine line. Youre going to have hurt feelings here and there, were battling each other, which is what we all wanted to do.---For more AP auto racing coverage: http://racing.ap.org/ Joe Williams Womens Jersey . -- Bobby Ryan helped the U. Reuben Foster Jersey . The formidable trio of Canadian receivers -- individually known as Chris Getzlaf, Rob Bagg and Andy Fantuz -- will share the field at Mosaic Stadium one more time on Sunday. http:///...n-thomas-jersey.aspx .com) - The Chicago Blackhawks aim for their third three-game winning streak of the season when they host the struggling Edmonton Oilers in Sundays battle at the United Center. NEW YORK -- French Open champion and No. 3 seed Garbine Muguruza was stunned Wednesday night by a player who was recently out of tennis for 18 months.Anastasija Sevastova, a 26-year-old from Latvia, recorded the US Opens biggest upset so far, defeating Muguruza 7-5, 6-4 at Arthur Ashe Stadium. It was the first time Sevastova has ever beaten a played ranked among the top five.Muguruza saved three match points before Sevastova broke her after failing to serve out the match twice. That brought Sevastova to tears.When told on court she had scored the biggest victory of her career, based on rankings, on the worlds biggest court, Sevastova looked amazed.Really? she said.And then most of an expletive slipped from her mouth.I was shaking a little bit, Sevastova continued. Its amazing. In Ashe, in night match? Whats going to be bigger?I have to solve my head, myself, all the thoughts -- what could be? What could not? I am so happy.Sevastova was ranked as high as No. 36 among WTA players in 2011, but a series of back injuries led to a period of depression that saw her leave the game in 2013-14.How big was this upset? Playing mostly ITF events and trying to qualify into WTA main draws, Sevastova has won only $275,000 in prize money this year.Muguruza, meanwhile, hass collected more than $2. Solomon Thomas Youth Jersey. 8 million.I dont think about the French Open any second. Its past, she said. Everybodys looking forward to the next one, the next tournament.Since winning her first major title in Paris at the age of 22, Muguruza has struggled with her sudden success, similar to some of her other peers, such as Simona Halep, Sloane Stephens and Eugenie Bouchard. Muguruza has a post-Roland Garros record of 6-6. She needed three sets to beat qualifier Elise Mertens in the third round.Ironically, Sevastova studied leisure management in Austria while on sabbatical. Shell have little free time the rest of this week. She faces Kateryna Bondarenko, a three-set winner over Saisai Zheng, in a third-round match Friday.Her mother, an English teacher back in Latvia, is with her in New York, the first time she has ever traveled to a Grand Slam. Shes supposed to go home Thursday, though now Mom wants to stay.Sevastovas best friend is in town, too.Well maybe go somewhere, Sevastova said of what celebration might be in the works. They will drink -- I will watch.Information from The Associated Press was used in this report. Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' '